- Autokühler Gesellschaft mbH (AKG) founded in Dortmund as a special company for the repair and manufacture of replacement coolers.
- Began manufacturing aluminum, high-pressure heat exchangers
- Under the leadership of Dirk Pietzcker the company achieves the breakthrough that makes it into one of the leading manufacturers of heat exchangers in Europe.
- AKG of America is incorporated and started in Mebane, North Carolina.
- After eight years of business in North America, AKG invests in its first of many expansions in Mebane, NC.
- To focus on standard cooling products for the industrial, mobile and compressed air markets; AKG Thermal Systems is incorporated.
- To handle the continued growth in North America, a new administration building is added to the Mebane, NC operations center.
- Mr. Hartwig Pietzcker takes over the AKG Group as managing partner
- AKG Thermal Systems adds 15,000 square feet of space for warehousing, assembly and testing.
- AKG North America celebrates 30 years of service.
- Mebane Operations adds another 42,000 square feet to increase assembly capacity and throughput efficiency, total manufacturing space reaches 170,000 square feet.
- AKG North American Operations, Inc. in Mitchell expands the plant.
- AKG Thermal Systems in Mebane completes construction of the new office building.
- AKG Midwest in Mitchell celebrates 30 years of service.
- CATERPILLAR honors AKG Thermotechnik Latvia with the platinum plaque of the CATERPILLAR Supplier Quality Excellence Program.
- Opening of the AKG North American Research & Development Center in Mebane, North Carolina.
- CATERPILLAR honours AKG India Private Ltd. with the platinum plaque of the CATERPILLAR Supplier Quality Excellence Program.